Russia says will respond to NATO deployment in Poland, Baltics
Russia will be forced to take retaliatory measures if NATO deploys four extra battalions in Poland and the Baltic states
Russia will be forced to take retaliatory measures if NATO deploys four extra battalions in Poland and the Baltic states, Interfax news agency quoted a senior Russian Foreign Ministry official as saying on Wednesday.
“This would be a very dangerous build-up of armed forces pretty close to our borders,” Andrei Kelin, a department head at the ministry, said. “I am afraid this would require certain retaliatory measures, which the Russian Defence Ministry is already talking about.
- NATO will help Turkey against Russia if needed
- Russia warns against NATO expansion
- Russia: NATO’s planned eastward build-up is destabilizing
- Nato: Russia maintains ‘considerable military presence’ in Syria
- NATO: Russia in Turkish airspace no accident
- NATO to Russia: Stop striking Syrian opposition
- NATO retools for long-haul standoff with Russia