Five suspects charged, held over Nice attack
The Nice attack truck driver Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel left 84 people dead during Bastille day celebrations
French judges on Thursday charged five suspects who were in contact with truck attacker Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel in the lead-up to the Nice attack that left 84 people dead, the Paris prosecutor’s office said.
Three of the suspects were formally accused of acting as accomplices in “murder by a group with terror links,” the prosecutor’s office said. Another two were charged with “breaking the law on weapons in relation to a terrorist group.”
All five have been remanded in custody.
Could narcissism have led Nice attacker to terrorism?Anecdotal evidence produced so far point to a petty criminal with little or no inclination toward religious doctrine Features
Kalashnikov found in raid linked to Nice attackThe raid was carried out as part of the investigation into a 22-year-old man believed to have received text messages from Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel World News
Five to appear in Paris court in connection with Nice attackThe suspects have already been transferred from the custody of the French anti-terrorism unit SDAT to the Paris court News
Nice truck attacker previously ‘beat man with spiked plank’The victim was bleeding profusely and told officers that Bouhlel - who stayed on the scene after the attack - was responsible World News