Trump says Obama was born in the US ‘period,’ blames Clinton
Trump says ‘Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy’
Donald Trump admitted for the first time Friday that Barack Obama was born on American soil, after years spent fueling the so-called “birther” movement that cast doubt on the US president’s legitimacy.
“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period,” the Republican White House nominee told a nationally-televised press conference.
“Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. I finished it. I finished it. You know what I mean?” he claimed.
- Donald Trump mum while campaign says he believes Obama born in US
- Trump supports birth control without a prescription
- Leaked Colin Powell emails show loathing for Trump
- Divided America: How China fueled pain and Trump support
- New York to open inquiry into Trump Foundation
- British man expected to plead guilty in Trump attack case