A homeless man was burned alive after another man poured petrol all over him and set him on fire as he slept on a street in the city of Palermo, southern Italy.
CCTV footage captured the man throwing a bucket full of liquid on 45-year-old Marcello Cimino as he slept on a mattress right outside a soup kitchen for the homeless called Mission San Francesco.
The man was shown wearing black from head to toe with a hood covering his head.
When Cimino moved, the man than pulled out a lighter and set light to the mattress, causing a huge explosion. Cimino was dead by the time emergency services arrived to the scene.
Italian news website Corriere reported that police arrested 45-year-old Giuseppe Pecoraro, a petrol station worker, after he confessed to the killing.
Pecoraro allegedly committed the crime because he believed the homeless man was having an affair with his separated wife.
WARNING - GRAPHIC FOOTAGE: VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED
- Egypt shocked by photos of 6-year-old girl tortured, burned by father
- Moment hero Saudi son saves mother from fire
- VIDEO: Man tries to set truck on fire, burns his arm as well
- Shocking images emerge of homeless living in Tehran’s graves
- ‘Dirtiest man in Europe’ dies in abandoned farmhouse
- Video: Homeless man brutally attacked at LA metro station
- Millions of refugees face homelessness without more shelter funding
- Wi-Fi? Why not? Homeless are avid users of free web kiosks