.
.
.
.

ISIS group claims responsibility for Marseille attack

Published: Updated:

ISIS claimed responsibility on Sunday for a knife attack that killed two women at the main train station in the French Mediterranean city of Marseille.

The monitoring group SITE quoted an Arabic language report on the group’s Amaq propaganda agency that cited a “security source” as saying: “The executor of the stabbing operation in the city of Marseille... is from the soldiers of the ISIS.”

“Two victims have been stabbed to death,” local official Olivier de Mazieres told AFP.

Local prosecutor Xavier Tarabeux said the knifeman had been shot by soldiers, while Marseille police urged people in the city to avoid the area around Saint-Charles station.