Iranian President Hassan Rowhani on Sunday cautioned US President Donald Trump about pursuing his policies against Tehran, saying “America should know ... war with Iran is the mother of all wars,” the semi-official ISNA news agency reported.
Addressing a gathering of Iranian diplomats, Rowhani said: “Mr Trump, don’t play with the lion's tail, this would only lead to regret,” ISNA reported. Other Iranian agencies carried similar reports.
Saturday, Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei rejected on Saturday the idea of new negotiations with the United States, praising the latest comments by Iranian president Hassan Rouhani in which he threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz if new oil sanctions are imposed against Tehran.
According to Iranian news agency IRNA, Khamenei considered - during a meeting with Iranian foreign minister Javad Zarif and a number of ambassadors and diplomats - that there is “no benefit of negotiating with America.” (MORE).
- Prince Khalid: Iran helped Qaeda kill thousands of Saudis, Americans
- Kurdish militants kill 11 Iran Guards at Iraqi border post
- What direction will Iran’s coming revolution take
- ANALYSIS: Terror plots in Europe and winds of change in Iran
- How Qatar, Iran colluded to force Shiite demography on Syria-Lebanon border town