Italian police on Wednesday arrested two men planning attacks in the name of the ISIS group.
The 24-year old Italian and 18-year old Moroccan were nabbed in northern Italy after posting ISIS images and videos on social networks, police said.
The pair were “ready to attack,” according to media reports citing prosecutors, which said they had been plotting an attack on Italian soil after their plans to travel to Syria to fight were thwarted by the defeat of ISIS.
The suspects had downloaded video instructions on how to carry out bombings and suicide attacks, police said.
Italy: Terrorist presence on migrant boats from Libya now a certaintyChaos in Libya following General Khalifa Haftar’s offensive has increased the risk of terrorist presence on migrant boats headed for Italy, ... North Africa
Italy says military intervention ‘cannot be a solution’ in LibyaItaly’s prime minister has said any foreign military intervention in Libya would not resolve the latest conflict in its former colony, warning ... North Africa
Face to face with ISIS – The fighters of ISIS: Episode 1Reports
Egyptian boy who saved children from Italy bus attack to get citizenshipA young Egyptian boy, who saved the lives of 50 children when a school bus driver hijacked the vehicle and set it on fire in Italy on Wednesday, could ... Variety