The French government banned public gatherings with more than 5,000 people on Saturday due to the coronavirus outbreak as France reported 16 new cases.
“All public gatherings of more than 5,000 people in a confined space are temporarily banned across France,” Health Minister Olivier Veran told journalists.
He also said that the number of confirmed cases had risen to 73 and that there had been no new deaths.
France reports 19 new coronavirus cases, EU ministers to meetFrance on Friday reported 19 new confirmed coronavirus cases, taking the total to 57, and French Health Minister Olivier Veran recommended that people ... World News
Second person dies from coronavirus in France: Health officialA second person infected with the coronavirus has died in France, the country’s health authorities said on Wednesday. In a ... World News
France quarantines bus passengers from Italy amid coronavirus scarePassengers who arrived by bus in Lyon in southeast France Monday from Milan in Italy were kept onboard after the driver was hospitalized with symptoms ... World News
First coronavirus death outside China reported in France: MinisterAn elderly Chinese tourist hospitalized in France has died of the coronavirus, becoming the first fatality in Europe, French Health Minister Agnes ... World News