.
.
.
.

Pentagon says two seriously injured US troops being treated in Baghdad

Published: Updated:

Two of the three US troops wounded in the latest rocket attack in Iraq are seriously injured and are being treated at a military hospital in Baghdad, the Pentagon said on Saturday, in its first confirmation that Americans were injured.

Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman declined to speculate on potential US responses but, in a statement, cited Defense Secretary Mark Esper’s warning last week: “You cannot attack and wound American Service Members and get away with it, we will hold them to account.”

Hoffman added that Iraqi security forces had made an initial arrest and added the United States was assisting with the investigation into the attack, the second in less than a week at Camp Taji, north of Baghdad.

Read more:

Three US personnel killed, 12 injured in rocket attack on Iraqi base

President Trump gives Pentagon authority for potential response after Iraq attack

Pentagon says all options on table after Iraq rocket attack

Iraqi forces were also injured.