India’s Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday that Chinese troops had “engaged in provocative action” on the border on Monday even as military commanders held talks to defuse tensions.
“Even as the ground commanders of the two sides were in discussions to de-escalate the situation, the Chinese troops again engaged in provocative action,” ministry spokesman Anurag Srivastava said.
“Due to the timely defensive action, the Indian side was able to prevent these attempts to unilaterally alter the status quo.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Chinese state-backed newspaper Global Times said that China is able to make India suffer more severe military losses than in the past if it wants to engage in competition.
India’s Modi warns China over deadly border tensionsIndia’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi issued a new warning to China over deadly border tensions on Saturday, using his most important speech of the ... World News
Disengagement of troops on China-India border completed, says BeijingChinese and Indian troops have “completed disengagement” on most parts of the disputed border between their two countries, China’s foreign ministry ... World News
Washington tells India to 'attract global supply chains away from China'US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday called on India to tamp down its dependence on Chinese goods, amid growing tensions between Washington ... World News