Two people died and five others were injured after a man dressed in medieval clothing went on a stabbing frenzy on Halloween night in Quebec City, an Al Arabiya correspondent reported.
Police said that they had arrested early Sunday “a man in his mid-20s” who was armed with a bladed weapon.
The five injured people were transferred to a hospital, however, there was no immediate word on their conditions.
The unidentified man was arrested shortly before 1:00 am and had been “transported to hospital for evaluation,” Quebec City police spokesman Etienne Doyon said during a press conference.
The scene in Quebec City right now after reports of multiple stabbings. This command post is right outside the National Assembly. 📷: CTV cameraman Sam Pouliot @CTVNews @CTVMontreal pic.twitter.com/7huZaqXvIN— Kelly Greig (@KellyGreig) November 1, 2020
The police were first notified of the incident that happened near the provincial legislature at 10:30 p.m., Doyon said, according to the correspondent.
Police have yet to reveal the motive behind the attack, but have asked everyone in the area to remain indoors.