Germany wished America a fair and “peaceful” presidential vote on Tuesday, Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said, adding that Berlin would seek a new deal in relations with Washington following the results.
“We wish all Americans a fair, good and above all, a peaceful election day. It is a landmark vote that will also determine the direction and the role of the US in the world,” said Maas.
He added that Berlin will seek a “functioning transatlantic partnership” after the vote, stressing that “we want a new deal in this partnership.”
- If elected, Biden to restore Palestinian aid, reopen PLO office in Washington: Harris
- US Election Day: Polls open in New York, New Jersey, Virginia as Biden takes on Trump
- US President Trump wraps up reelection campaign in Michigan
- US elections begin with 12 voters in New Hampshire hamlet casting votes
- US elections: Senate majority outcome may take weeks or more