A man who was walking around in the Pere Lachaise area of central Paris on Tuesday with a machete as been arrested in his hotel room, a police spokesman said.
Bystanders reported the man to police who briefly cordonned off the area, the spokesman added.
There were no known victims at this stage and an investigation was under way, he added.
- Coronavirus: France church attacker tests positive for COVID-19
- Not in our name: French Muslim leaders slam anti-French boycott
- US President Trump denounces Vienna shooting as ‘vile act of terrorism’
- Six locations in Vienna targeted in apparent terror attack; 4 dead, 15 wounded
- Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Ministry condemns ‘Vienna terrorist attack’