An explosion at a religious gathering in central Afghanistan killed at least 15 civilians and wounded 20 others on Friday, the country's interior ministry said, adding that children may be among the victims.
Those killed and wounded were attending a Koran recitation ceremony.
Initial information suggested that explosives were placed in a rickshaw in a district of central Ghazni province, interior ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said.
- Kabul’s deputy governor Mahboobullah Mohebi killed in Afghanistan blast: Official
- Civilian killed in rocket strike on Afghanistan's Kabul
- Gunmen shoot, kill female TV anchor Malala Maiwand in eastern Afghanistan
- US proceeding with troop cuts in Afghanistan, says Joint Chiefs Chairman Milley
- Two Afghanistan suicide bombings kill at least 34 people: Officials