British lawmakers on Wednesday voted to approve legislation implementing the post-Brexit trade deal agreed with the European Union last week.
The vote on the legislation to enact the trade agreement was passed by 521 to 73 votes in parliament’s lower house.
It now passes to the upper house for approval later on Wednesday, before becoming law around midnight.
- EU leaders sign post-Brexit UK trade deal
- German EU presidency: EU governments approve Brexit trade deal
- UK and Turkey sign £18bn post-Brexit trade deal
- Cross-border Gibraltar workers to retain free movement even after Brexit: Spain
- EU member states endorse Brexit trade deal
- Brexit offers Britain chance to do financial services differently: Finance minister
- Brexit trade deal published as UK calls for end to ‘ugly’ divisions
- Factbox - How does Britain's parliament approve the Brexit trade deal?
- ‘A collective sigh of relief’: The world reacts to Brexit trade deal