The head of the World Health Organization said Tuesday that he is “disappointed” that Chinese officials haven’t finalized permissions for the arrival of team of experts into China to examine origins of COVID-19.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in a rare critique of Beijing, said members of the international scientific team have begun over the last 24 hours to leave from their home countries to China as part of an arrangement between WHO and the Chinese government.
“Today, we learned that Chinese officials have not yet finalized the necessary permissions for the team’s arrival in China,” he told a news conference in Geneva.
“I’m very disappointed with this news, given that two members had already begun their journeys and others were not able to travel at the last minute, but had been in contact with senior Chinese officials,” he said.
Coronavirus: China’s CNBG has supplied three million COVID-19 vaccine doses to UAEUnited Arab Emirates (UAE) has received a total of three million COVID-19 vaccine doses from China National Biotec Group (CNBG), the company said on ... Coronavirus
Coronavirus: COVID-19 cluster brings about new measures for China cityChina has designated parts of Hebei province near Beijing as a coronavirus high danger zone after 14 new cases of COVID-19 were found.Eleven of those ... Coronavirus
Coronavirus: What we know about China's vaccine development, efficacy data, timelinesChina was ahead in the global race to develop coronavirus vaccines with the most candidates in late stage of trials earlier in the year and its first ... Coronavirus