Thirteen people have died in attacks in the eastern DR Congo region of Beni, local officials and experts said on Wednesday, blaming a notorious militia called the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF).
ADF men attacked the village of Kisima late Tuesday, “leaving 11 dead,” said Bozi Sindiwako, the chief official for the Rwenzori area in North Kivu province, a toll confirmed by a monitoring group, the Kivu Security Tracker (KST).
In a separate attack overnight, two people were killed in Oicha, its mayor, Nicolas Kikuku, said.
- Italy asks UN for probe into killing of envoy in DR Congo
- Italian ambassador killed in eastern DR Congo while in UN convoy: Foreign Ministry
- Suspected extremists kill 16 in eastern Congo attack
- Rebels kill at least 22 people in Congo
- Militia kills dozens of civilians in retaliatory attack in eastern DR Congo