A lawyer for jailed Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny said on Thursday that he was in poor health, suffering from acute back pain, and practically unable to use one of his legs.
Speaking to the TV Rain TV channel after visiting him in prison, lawyer Olga Mikhailova said Navalny had undergone an MRI scan but had not been told the results.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
“In my opinion, he is in bad shape health-wise because he is experiencing severe pain in his back and in his right leg,” she said. “One of his legspractically doesn’t work.”
She said appeals by his legal team for Navalny to be given the necessary medicine were ignored for four weeks.
Navalny’s condition is stable, says Russia’s jail authority
Jailed Navalny’s allies raise alarm over his health after lawyers denied access
Russian court upholds decision not to investigate Kremlin critic Navalny’s poisoning
- Russian court upholds decision not to investigate Kremlin critic Navalny’s poisoning
- Jailed Navalny’s allies raise alarm over his health after lawyers denied access
- Navalny’s condition is stable, says Russia’s jail authority
- Kremlin critic Navalny says he is jailed in a ‘concentration camp’
- Navalny moved from jail, whereabouts unknown: Lawyers
- Russia’s riot police actively recruiting since Alexei Navalny protests erupted
- Kremlin says US sanction on Russia’s treatment of Navalny will worsen relations