President Emmanuel Macron said on Friday that France would never give in to “Islamist terrorism” after the fatal stabbing of a female police employee by a suspected extremist.
“In our fight against Islamist terrorism, we will never give in,” Macron wrote on Twitter, naming the murdered woman as Stephanie.
Macron issued the statement after French prosecutors opened a terrorism investigation into the fatal stabbing of a police officer inside her police station in Rambouillet, southwest of Paris, on Friday.
The assailant was shot and killed by officers nearby.
- French prosecutors open terror probe in police officer’s fatal stabbing
- Teenager to face terror charges over Easter ‘church attack plot’ in France
- France detains four over attack at former Charlie Hebdo offices
- European leaders weigh terrorism strategy after attacks in France, Austria
- France’s PM says ‘radical Islamism’ the ‘enemy’ after Nice attack
- Nice attack: Tunisia will accept deportees from France if judicial rights guaranteed
- France attacks: Horrified by deadly attacks, French Muslims protect church