Former Maldives president Mohamed Nasheed was injured in a blast outside his home on Thursday, local media reported.
Images from state TV channel PSM showed security services securing the scene of the incident in the capital Male. A foreign tourist was also injured, the channel reported.
A spokesman for Nasheed’s Maldivian Democratic Party did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Maldives imposes night curfew after spike in COVID-19 infections
- Ex-VP in Maldives sentenced to 20 years in prison for money laundering
- Coronavirus: Maldives reopening for tourists as COVID-19 restrictions eased
- Maldives bans travelers from China over virus fears: Minister
- India deports Maldives ex-vice president caught on boat
- India spends big on Maldives security
- With China in sight, India PM Modi announces $1.4 bln ‘bailout’ for Maldives