President Joe Biden’s administration is committed to keeping NATO’s doors open for other countries who want to join once those countries have
met the necessary commitments to do so, the White House said on Thursday.
White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre made the comments to reporters on Air Force One when asked about the administration’s position on Ukraine joining the defense alliance.
- White House says Ukraine has long aspired to join NATO
- Ukraine urges NATO to send ‘real signal’ to Russia
- Russia says military moves near Ukraine purely defensive, as NATO rebukes Moscow
- Bosnian officials denounce Russian warning of action against NATO membership
- US, NATO actions in Europe contribute to increased military threat: Russia