.
.
.
.

Turkey reports no casualties in Kabul airport blasts

Published: Updated:

Turkey reported no casualties of its troops due to the two blasts outside of Kabul’s airport in Afghanistan, the Defense Ministry said on Thursday.

“There were two explosions outside of Kabul Airport. There is no damage or casualties in our units,” the ministry said on Twitter.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

Two suicide bombers and gunmen targeted crowds massing near the Kabul airport Thursday, in the waning days of a massive airlift that has drawn thousands of people seeking to flee the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

Turkey had announced earlier that it was withdrawing its troops from Kabul.

Turkish troops are working at Kabul airport to evacuate Turkish nationals, personnel, and soldiers from Afghanistan.

The first batch of Turkish troops evacuated from Afghanistan landed in the country's capital on Thursday, state news agency Anadolu reported.

Read more:

Death toll of Kabul airport bombings ‘between 13-20’, at least 52 wounded: Taliban

Taliban say attack on Kabul airport occurred in area controlled by US forces

Four Marines killed, another three injured in Afghanistan bombing: US envoy in Kabul

Warning: Graphic footage of Kabul airport blast aftermath, five dead, dozens wounded