President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that there would be no political force to talk to directly if Afghanistan breaks up as a country and called for joint efforts to decide about “legalizing” a political force there.
Putin made the comment at a forum in Vladivostok where he was asked if Moscow would recognize the Taliban government.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
The Taliban is formally recognized as an extremist group in Russia.
- Afghan domestic flights to resume Friday: Ariana Afghan Airlines
- Afghan women protest in Herat calling for rights to work, get an education: Report
- Baradar to lead new Afghanistan government: Taliban sources
- US has no plans to release billions in Afghan assets: Treasury
- Afghanistan and US legacy
- Dutch want to help Qatar, Turkey open Kabul airport to resume evacuation: FM Kaag
- US defends strike that Afghan family says killed innocent civilians
- EU pushes for more autonomy amid Afghanistan fallout