Israel said it was investigating an incident on Thursday after Lebanon’s Hezbollah group said it had shot down an Israeli drone in the south of Lebanon.
A statement by the armed group said it had brought down the drone on the outskirts of the village of Yater by targeting it with “suitable weapons.”
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
“A short time ago, during routine activity, an IDF drone fell within Lebanese territory. The incident is being investigated,” IDF spokesman on Twitter.
- US, Qatar sanction Gulf-based Hezbollah financial network; Bahrain freezes accounts
- In apparent reference to Hezbollah, UN calls on Lebanon to commit to disassociation
- US announces new sanctions on Lebanon’s Hezbollah, Iran’s Quds Force
- US offers $7 mln reward for information on Hezbollah’s external security chief
- US worried about potential collapse in Lebanon, Hezbollah’s missile technology
- Israel conducts air strikes on targets in Syria through Lebanon's airspace
- Israel says it downed Hezbollah drone that crossed from Lebanon
- Lebanon’s govt is responsible for recent Hezbollah rocket attacks: Israeli PM