Ethiopia’s government said on Monday rebellious Tigrayan forces had killed 100 youths in Kombolcha, one of two towns the rebel group said it captured over the weekend.
“The terrorist group TPLF has summarily executed more than 100 youth residents of Kombolcha in areas it has infiltrated. The international community should not turn a blind eye to such atrocities,” the Government Communication Service said on Twitter.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
The statement did not include details and government spokesperson Legesse Tulu did not immediately answer phone calls seeking comment.
Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) spokesperson Getachew Reda did not immediately respond to phone calls seeking comment on this allegation and other issues on Monday morning.
- Ethiopia’s PM defiant as rival Tigray forces make advances, seized key cities
- US’s Blinken alarmed by news of Ethiopia’s TPLF takeover of two key towns
- Tigrayan forces say they have seized another town in Ethiopia’s Amhara region
- Tigrayan forces seize strategic town in Ethiopia’s Amhara region: Spokesperson
- Ethiopia air strike on Tigray kills 6: Sources
- Ethiopia conducts two air strikes in Tigray targeting rebel forces