A 57-year-old man stabbed a 10-year-old boy with a kitchen knife in a department store in Munich on Saturday evening, German police told the news agency dpa.
Approximately 50 officers responded to the scene at a TK Maxx department store in Munich, the broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk reported.
The child was wounded on his neck and shoulder. He was transported to a hospital and police said his injuries are severe but not life-threatening.
According to Bayerischer Rundfunk, there is no known connection between the man and the child.
The suspect was arrested at the scene and is being investigated for attempted homicide.
- Train attacker stabbed four passengers ‘at random’: German police
- Psychiatric detention for ISIS supporter after Germany attacks
- Four killed, one wounded in Germany care clinic attack
- ISIS suspect on trial over attacks on Turks in Germany
- Seven arrested in Denmark, Germany over alleged terrorist attack plan
- Germany charges 12 men with plotting to kill Muslims, attack mosques
- Germany’s Merkel urges European Schengen area border reform after terrorist attacks