British fighter jets escorted two Russian Tupolev Tu-160 nuclear-capable bombers on stretches of an hours-long patrol, Russia’s Defense Ministry was quoted as saying by Interfax.
“Two Tu-160 long-range strategic missile carriers performed a scheduled flight in the airspace above the neutral waters of the Barents, Norwegian, and North Seas,” the ministry was quoted as saying by the Russian news agency on Saturday.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
“The Russian strategic missile carriers were accompanied by Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jets of the British Air Force at some stages of the route,” it added.
- Russian air force conducts drills involving nuclear-capable bombers
- Russian and Chinese bombers fly joint patrol over Pacific in strategic tieup
- US jets intercept Russian bombers off Alaska, says NORAD
- Russian nuclear-capable bombers leave airfield opposite Alaska, says a report
- British warplanes intercept Russian bombers