South Korea says it will hold first round of talks with China on Tuesday

Published: Updated:
Read Mode
100% Font Size
1 min read

South Korea and China will hold their first round of diplomatic and security dialogue on Tuesday, Seoul’s foreign ministry said on Monday, in line with an agreement the two nations made last month.

For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The talks will be led by South Korean vice foreign minister Kim Hong-kyun and his Chinese counterpart Sun Weidong, and joined by senior defense officials from both sides, the ministry said in a statement.

South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol and Chinese Premier Li Qiang agreed to launch the talks and resume free trade negotiations when they met last month in Seoul for a summit that included Japan.

Read more:

South Korea, China, Japan vow to ramp up cooperation in rare summit

Top Content Trending