Where, what and how to garden in Dubai
Dubai Gardening is not the same as gardening back home. You have to choose carefully depending on what you want!
“Winter” means we can finally get serious about Dubai Gardening. We can start thinking about improving our gardens, planting, pots, patios and drinks parties outdoors.
Plants are very reasonably priced in places like Warsan behind Dragon Mart but how exactly do you get there and what’s a good buy for our Dubai gardens?
Find out what I bought last Saturday morning as part of my ‘Dubai Gardening Project’
Our mild weather means we can walk outside easily and explore areas we wouldn’t go near in the summer.
Directions to Warsan
- Very easy really, from the Arabian Ranches
- Get onto the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed road heading towards the Al Ain/Dubai side.
- Continue going straight for quite a way, you pass Repton school (Hogwarts type building with all the turrets) on your left,
then look for the sign post to Hatta, take this right exit.
- Continue on the Hatta road and pass Dragon Mart on your right,
continue straight until you see a sign for Dubai Textile city, take the first right immediately after this sign
and follow signs to Warsan 1 and then left at the roundabout towards Warsan 2.
- You will see a variety of gardening shops on the left and straight ahead of you. Stop wherever you like and buy from a couple of places. All the shops deliver.
What to buy?
Dubai Gardening is not the same as gardening back home. You have to choose carefully depending on what you want to achieve in your garden.
My advice is to stick to a simple colour scheme and focus mainly on plants that don’t need too much maintenance.
Delivery of plants and costs involved
Making Dubai Gardening less of a challenge. I found all the shops deliver and usually as quickly as the next day.
I paid Dhs 80 or so for a medium truckload of plants.
A version of the post orignally appeared in DoinDubai blog.