Brides, don’t forget to breathe: Essentials for a stress-free wedding
Packing the essentials for this day can be stressful, and you may often forget important items
At last! Your wedding day is finally here. Family members, bridesmaids and best friends surround you while you get ready in your suite. If you are having a pre-wedding shoot, your photographer will be there too.
Packing the essentials for this day can be stressful, and you may often forget important items. Include these essentials in your bag and you will be relaxed and ready to walk down the aisle.
We advise all brides to wear something loose, with a wide neckline that is easy to take off and slip into your wedding dress without ruining your hair and makeup. The same goes for bridesmaids. Find matching robes for your girls (go the extra mile by customizing each with initials or nicknames), preferably colorful as the bride should ideally wear a white robe.
You are probably going to be in heels all night. Give your feet a rest by packing slippers. Opt for something sparkly so you can swap your heels for flats halfway through the night.
Almost all brides forget to moisturize on their wedding day. The key areas to focus on are elbows, knees and neckline. Here are other skincare products we recommend you use on your wedding:
- Facemask: This will help nourish your skin and boost your bridal glow.
- Chopstick: Keep your lips moist and in good condition before you apply lipstick.
- Face mist: A hydrating spray that helps lock in moisture and prep your skin for makeup application.
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, so always keep them close and safe. Pack a jewellery case so you do not forget any accessories on your special day. It is also handy on a honeymoon.
For all the selfies and Snapchats that will take place, have a phone charger in the room.
Snacks and water
You may feel too excited to eat, but snacks can calm a tummy of nerves. Water is essential to cool you down and keep you hydrated.
Needle and thread
For the unexpected wedding emergency, pack a mini sewing kit with needles, scissors, safety pins and threads.
A mini emergency kit always comes handy at a wedding:
- Tissues / Q-tips: Q-tips will come in handy while getting ready, to avoid pre-wedding happy tears from ruining your mascara. Tissues can be kept for the ceremony.
- Nail topcoat: In case of an emergency nail-polish chip, a topcoat will ensure your nail polish is sealed.
- Hairspray and pins: You spent hours glued to your chair to ensure your hair is perfect. Pack a mini hairspray to guarantee that humidity does not get the best of you.
- Plasters: Lifesavers for when your dancing feet can dance no more.
- Earring backups: In case they accidentally slip off or you misplace them, a backup is always handy.
- Painkillers: To help cure aches and pains.