Egypt Suez Canal revenue at $469.7 mln in September
A major expansion of the existing 145-year-old waterway is planned
Revenues from Egypt's Suez Canal reached $469.7 million in September, down from a record $510 million in August, the state information website said on Monday.
The waterway, the fastest shipping route between Europe and Asia, is one of Egypt's main sources of foreign currency.
A major expansion of the existing 145-year-old waterway is planned.
- Egypt signs with six international firms to dredge new Suez Canal
- Collision delays Suez Canal traffic, sources say
- Suez Canal revenue rises 12 pct to $510 million in August
- Egypt’s president says terrorism is a plague
- Egypt must cut red tape to win investors in second Suez Canal: Law firm
- Busted: Egypt’s ‘Panama Canal’ blunder goes viral