UAE's Air Arabia buys 49 pct of Jordan's Petra Airlines
Petra Airlines will be rebranded as Air Arabia Jordan
Air Arabia has bought a 49 percent stake in Jordan's Petra Airlines, the United Arab Emirates-based carrier said on Monday.
Petra Airlines will be rebranded as Air Arabia Jordan and the UAE carrier will establish a hub at Amman's Queen Alia International Airport, with operations to commence under the new name in the first quarter, according to a statement to Dubai's bourse.
Petra Airlines' main shareholder, RUM Group, will maintain a 51 per cent stake in the airline.
- UAE's Air Arabia buys 49 pct of Jordan's Petra Airlines
- Qatar runs covert desert training camp for Syrian rebels
- UAE’s Air Arabia Q3 profit up 22 pct, beats forecasts
- UAE’s Air Arabia Q2 net profit more than doubles
- Getting arty in Saudi Arabia, a breath of fresh air
- Air Arabia seen higher as quarterly earnings rise
- Saudi Arabia awards Gulf Air and Qatar Airways domestic flights license