Dubai port firm buys Canadian terminal for $457mn
DP World ranks among the world’s largest port operators
Dubai-based port operator DP World says it has reached a deal to acquire the Fairview container terminal in Canada from Deutsche Bank for $457 million.
The port company said on Thursday that the deal represents a “growth opportunity in a market with attractive and growing demand.”
Fairview is located in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, and has the capacity to handle the equivalent of 850,000 20-foot shipping containers. A planned expansion will increase its capacity to 1.4 million containers.
DP World ranks among the world’s largest port operators. It has business at more than 65 marine terminals globally, including in Vancouver.
- Dubai port operator H1 profits up 26 percent
- Dubai’s DP World blames tough market as revenue drops
- Dubai’s DP World says consolidated volumes slip 3.8 percent in 2013
- Dubai hosts DP World Tour Championship
- DP World says H1 consolidated volumes down 5.7%
- DP World extends maturity on $1bn loan for additional year