Saudi Kayan olefins plant resumes production: statement
This plant resumed operations on Thursday
Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co has restarted production at its olefins plant following a near two-month shutdown for maintenance work, the company said on Sunday.
Saudi Kayan said on Feb. 1 it would shut several units at its petrochemicals complex in Jubail for about five weeks, while on March 12 it revealed it had extended maintenance work at its olefins plant after a fault was discovered.
This plant resumed operations on Thursday, the company - an affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) - said in a Sunday bourse filing.
Olefins are a form of hydrocarbons, two of which include ethylene and propylene.
- How Saudi intervention in Yemen prevented a disaster
- Saudi-led strikes destroy 'most' Houthi missiles
- Exclusive: Saleh offered Saudi Arabia anti-Houthi coup for immunity
- Yemen president returns to Saudi Arabia with King Salman
- Special Mission: Counseling at Saudi Prisons
- Saudi defense minister meets senior Arab security officials
- Saudi navy rescues diplomats from Aden