A new Saudi employment app is using artificial intelligence (AI) to help job hunting in the GCC.
Gulfy.com is currently the fastest growing platform in the region, with more than 120,000 users after six months, and approximately 2,000 people registering daily.
Over 800 companies have also signed up.
According to a statement, the service uses “bespoke, sophisticated – and closely guarded – machine learning algorithms to filter and rank candidates.
“It gives each candidate a percentile based on how closely they match the job criteria, it then shows the top ten matches to the company for selection."
The platform hopes to help businesses fulfill the majority of their recruitment requirements in-house, “reducing the cost of outside recruitment services significantly - a trend it sees emerging as technology advances,” the statement added.
- Google’s search engine aims to become employment engine
- WATCH: Domestic worker falls from building in Kuwait while employer films ordeal
- Youth employment seen as key challenge ahead of Arab summit
- EU court says employers may bar staff from wearing headscarves
- The UK is boasting an employment high, it’s not what it seems