Egypt has closed the ports of Suez and Zeitiyat along the Red Sea due to bad weather and strong winds, the Red Sea Ports Authority said on Tuesday.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app
“The intensity of the winds has reached 20 knots, the waves are between 2-3 meters high, and the sea is turbulent. All marine activities on small and large marine units have been stopped in order to preserve the safety of maritime navigation," the authority said.
The ports are expected to reopen once weather conditions improve.
- Egypt’s Suez Canal October revenue hits record $515 million
- Egypt’s al-Sisi appoints new Suez Canal Authority chairman
- US carrier to deter Iran passes through Suez Canal
- Egypt denies Suez Canal seeking 300 mln euro loan - statement
- Dubai and Egypt establish a joint development company in the Suez Canal Zone