The US Senate Finance Committee voted unanimously to approve Janet Yellen as the first woman Treasury secretary on Friday, sending her nomination to the full Senate for a floor vote, and indicating that she will easily win approval.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app
Yellen, who served as Federal Reserve chair from 2014 to 2018, was approved on a 26-0 vote in the committee evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.
- Biden’s Treasury pick Yellen discloses paid speaking gigs at many financial firms
- Outgoing Fed chief Yellen says no Wall Street ‘bubble’
- Russia welcomes Biden’s proposal to extend nuclear arms
- Coronavirus: Amazon offers US President Biden help with COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Merkel optimistic about political future with US as Biden takes office
- How world leaders are reacting to Joe Biden’s inauguration
- British PM Johnson looking forward to working with Biden on ‘shared priorities’
- Russia says better US ties will depend on Biden