Emirates could swap some of its order for 126 Boeing 777X jets for smaller 787 Dreamliners as part of a sweeping review of its future fleet requirements, its chairman said on Monday.
“We are assessing our fleet requirement as we speak,” Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum told reporters in Dubai at the Arabian Travel Market exhibition.
During 2019 airshow, Emirates unveiled a $9 billion order for 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliners, paving the way for a 16 percent reduction in orders for the delayed 777X airliner to 126 aircraft following intense last-minute talks.
- Dubai carrier Emirates will operate at 70 pct capacity by winter: CCO
- Emirates may need to raise cash if air travel does not pick up: President Tim Clark
- Emirates to allow economy class passengers to buy unoccupied seats for more space
- Nigeria suspends Emirates flights after airline demands 3 COVID-19 tests in 24 hours
- Dubai's Emirates head doesn’t see travel recovery until year-end