Russian state nuclear energy firm Rosatom and Dubai logistics firm DP World agreed on Friday to join efforts in developing pilot container shipping between Northwest Europe and East Asia through the Arctic, the companies said.
Rosatom is a designated sole infrastructure operator of the Northern Sea Route which it plans to develop into a fully-fledged transport corridor.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
“The Northern Transit Corridor holds out the prospect of shorter transit times between East and West,” Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO of DP World was quoted as saying in the statement.
- Danish shipping firm takes Russian Arctic route as alternative to Suez Canal
- DP World chief optimistic for 2021 amid pent-up demand for cargo
- UNICEF ties up with Dubai’s DP World to help distribute coronavirus vaccines
- DP World to build new deep-water port in Senegal costing over $1 bln
- Dubai is ready to store COVID-19 vaccine, expand trade with Israel, says DP World
- Dubai's DP World, Israel's Shipyards sign for joint privatization of Haifa Port