Bitcoin rebounded sharply on Monday, hitting a one-month peak above $38,000, as US electric carmaker Tesla expressed fresh support for the world's most popular cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin surged 10.6 percent to reach $38,145 at about 0850GMT, as investors cheered the supportive comments from Tesla tycoon Elon Musk.
- Bitcoin leaps 12 percent to six-week high
- ‘I pump but don’t dump’ bitcoin, says Tesla founder Elon Musk
- Bitcoin falls below $30,000 for first time in five months amid China crackdown
- Bitcoin hits two-week peak after Musk says Tesla could use it again
- Bitcoin slumps in wake of China crackdown on cryptocurrency mining