A pipeline leak at Libya’s Samah oilfield may pause pumping operations, an oil engineer there and an oil source at Waha Oil Company said on Tuesday.
Samah feeds the Es Sider oil terminal and an oil official at the port said Waha oil production is currently about 285,000 barrels a day.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
A leak on Monday in the same pipeline, connecting Samah to Es Sider, was controlled but it leaked again on Tuesday, the oil engineer at the field said.
Waha is a subsidiary of National Oil Corp (NOC).
- Oil prices retreat on profit taking but outlook remains positive
- OPEC chief Barkindo, in upbeat oil outlook, sees oil inventories falling further
- Libya’s NOC says an oil spill brought under control near Dahra field
- Libya needs stability, budget to sustain recent oil output rebound, says NOC chief
- Guards at Libya’s eastern Hariga oil port end sit-in that dealyed loading
- Libyan oil production tops 1.2 million bpd, as sector makes fast recovery