Saudi oil giant Aramco’s base oil subsidiary Luberef expects to raise up to 4.95 billion riyals ($1.32 billion) from its initial public offering, it said, if it prices at the top of a range announced on Sunday.
Luberef will sell nearly 30 percent of the company’s issued share capital, or 50.045 million shares, at between 91 and 99 riyals
each, the company said in a statement.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
State-led IPO programs in Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Dubai have helped equity capital markets in the Gulf, in sharp contrast to the United States and Europe, where global banks have been trimming headcount in a dealmaking drought.
Gulf issuers have raised about $16 billion through such listings this year, accounting for about half of total IPO proceeds from Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Refinitiv data shows.
A minimum of 75 percent of the Luberef shares being sold will be offered to institutional investors, with bookbuilding getting underway on Sunday and running until Friday.
The final share price will be announced next Sunday, with subscriptions for individual investors running from December 14 to
December 18. A date has not yet been set for shares to begin trading on Riyadh’s Tadawul exchange.
Aramco owns 70 percent of Luberef and Saudi investment bank Jadwa Investment the remaining 30 percent.
Saudi Aramco’s record listing in late 2019, later boosted to total $29.4 billion in proceeds, was the world’s largest IPO.
Aramco, which has raised billions from deals linked to its pipeline infrastructure, is also planning an IPO of its energy-trading business.
The Kingdom’s privatization program is a cornerstone of its Vision 2030 economic agenda to wean the economy off oil,
build new industries and create jobs.
Saudi Aramco gets regulator nod for Luberef IPOSaudi oil giant Aramco’s base oil subsidiary, Luberef, has received the green light from the Kingdom’s stock market regulator for an initial public ... Energy
Aramco signs $11 bln worth of deals to create around 5,000 jobs for SaudisSaudi Arabia’s state oil company Aramco signed 59 new agreements worth $11 billion, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Tuesday.For the ... Saudi Arabia
Saudi Aramco affiliate S-Oil to build petrochemical steam cracker facility in S.KoreaSaudi Aramco affiliate S-Oil plans to build one of the world’s largest petrochemical steam cracker facilities in South Korea, the official Saudi Press ... Energy
Saudi Aramco posts 39 pct jump in third-quarter profits: StatementSaudi Aramco on Tuesday posted a 39-percent jump in third-quarter profits year on year, the latest financial results boosted by higher oil prices ... Energy
Saudi Aramco CEO announces $1.5 billion sustainability fundSaudi Aramco CEO Amin Nasser announced the launch of a global $1.5 billion sustainability fund, one of the largest in the world, during the Future ... Energy
Shell, Aramco CEOs say tight global oil supply can’t be reversed easilyThe oil market is not focusing on the fact that global spare capacity to raise oil production is very low, Saudi Aramco’s chief executive said on ... Energy
Europe’s energy crisis plans are only a short-term solution: Aramco CEOThe head of Saudi state oil giant Aramco said on Tuesday Europe’s plans to cap energy bills for consumers and tax energy companies were not long-term ... Energy
BlackRock courts investors ahead of Aramco oil pipelines bond sale: ReportBlackRock Inc has held meetings with investors in London to drum up interest in a bond sale to begin refinancing a $13.4 billion loan that backed the ... Energy