Aluminium Bahrain says Q2 production rises 3.1 percent
Aluminium Bahrain owns one of the largest smelters of the lightweight metal
Aluminium Bahrain said on Monday its second-quarter output rose 3.1 percent despite challenging market conditions.
The company, which owns one of the largest smelters of the lightweight metal, said second-quarter production stood at 238,904 tonnes against 231,713 tonnes in the same 2014 period.
Alba's sales increased by 2,383 tonnes over the second quarter of 2014 reaching 232,193 tonnes, it said in a statement.
Increased output from China has pressured global aluminium prices, forcing major producers including United Company Rusal and Alcoa to idle capacity in an attempt to provide support in the face of a supply glut.
In June, Alba won government approval for a planned $3.5 billion expansion that will boost its output by more than 50 percent.
The company will release its full results on July 29.
- Bahrain Alba gets loans to pay off 169m bond maturing in 2013
- Bahrain seizes explosives bound for Saudi
- Bahrain summons Iraqi ambassador over banned group
- Bahrain foils ‘terror plot’ by Iraqi-trained cell
- Bahrain says Shiite ‘terrorist’ group busted
- Bahrain fund Mumtalakat rejects mismanagement claims as 2014 profit rises