Dubai’s Emaar Properties says ‘no material impact’ from hotel fire
A blaze engulfed Emaar's 63-storey Address Downtown luxury hotel and residential tower on New Year's Eve
Dubai's Emaar Properties on Sunday said a hotel fire should have "no material impact" on the company because the building and risk of fire are covered by its insurance.
A blaze engulfed Emaar's 63-storey Address Downtown luxury hotel and residential tower on New Year's Eve.
The fire has been contained and the company and authorities are investigating its cause, Emaar added in the statement to Dubai's bourse.
Emaar's shares were down 2.1 percent as of 0644 GMT, having fallen as much as 4.4 percent in early trade.
- Dubai property giant to restore hotel damaged in fire
- First moments of Dubai New Year’s Eve blaze
- Dubai’s Chief of Police: no deaths in New Year blaze
- Fire engulfs hotel near Dubai new year fireworks
- Dubai proves resilient, Happy New Year!
- Dubai Twitterati launch #NeedAnAddress, offering homes after fire
- Dubai ruler’s ten years of exceptional leadership
- Dubai ruler’s son among firefighters at hotel blaze