With prices starting at $1035, BlackBerry has launched the Gold and White BlackBerry Q10 Special Edition Smartphone in UAE this month, Arabian Business reported on Saturday.
An exclusive feature of the savvy smartphone is a gold-accented headset, while the “protective leather sleeve features a unique range of distinctive BlackBerry PIN numbers,” the report stated.
The UAE and a handful of other emerging markets had been a glimmer of hope for BlackBerry over recent years, despite its share of the global smartphone market declining, which led to this month’s admission that the company is up for sale.
Only 24 pieces of the Gold and White BlackBerry Q10 have been released and they are currently on sale exclusively at a Blackberry boutique in Dubai Mall, the biggest shopping center in the emirate, Arabian Business reported.
- ‘BlackBerry crumble’ as Mideast retailers report lower sales
- BlackBerry weighs putting itself up for sale
- BlackBerry open to going private, sources say
- BlackBerry chooses Dubai for global launch of Q5 smartphone
- BlackBerry to bring cheaper Q5 phone to Mideast in emerging markets push
- Blackberry Z10 launched in Kuwait