A part of the latest edition of popular video game Call of Duty: Black Ops III will be set in Egypt’s capital city of Cairo, the game’s trailer posted on YouTube has revealed.
The Egyptian flag is spotted on the gear of several non-playable characters who seem to be in a battlefield set in Cairo.
The teaser was revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angele last week, news and entertainment website CairoScene reported.
In the game, Egypt is overtaken “Common Defense Pact,” a militant group affiliated with the Soviet Union. One of the battles are reportedly set in Cairo’s Ramses Station, according to Cairo Scene.
Call of Duty has taken players to many hot spots around the world including Afghanistan, Singapore and Yemen.
- Gamer, mother, advocate: Meet the woman taking the tech industry by storm
- Arabs play on as 2014 marks PlayStation’s two-decade roll
- Pokémon fans to get two new ‘epic’ video game adventures
- Lebanese actress Nadine Njeim is the new Lara Croft for Arab gamers
- Video gamers feel force of new ‘Star Wars Battlefront’