The following conditions were imposed on ex-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn as part of the $9 million bail that freed him from jail, according to a member of his legal team.
If he violates these terms, he will be sent back to jail.
1. Must reside in Tokyo.
2. Cannot travel abroad; must surrender passport to his lawyer.
3. Needs court permission to go on a trip of more than two nights.
4. Must install surveillance cameras at the entrances of his residence.
5. Prohibited from accessing the internet and using e-mail.
6. Can only use a personal computer at his lawyer’s office that is not connected to the internet.
7. Banned from communicating with parties involved in the case.
8. Needs court’s permission to attend a Nissan board meeting.
8. Banned from contacting Nissan managers.
On Tuesday, a Japanese court granted bail to ousted Nissan Motor Co Ltd chairman Carlos Ghosn more than three months after his arrest for alleged financial crimes, on condition he submit to video surveillance and communications monitoring.
Tokyo court grants bail to Ghosn after 107 days in jailA Japanese court granted bail to ousted Nissan Motor Co Ltd chairman Carlos Ghosn on Tuesday more than three months after his arrest for alleged ... Economy
Ghosn beefs up defense with lawyer famous for acquittalsFormer Renault-Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn has beefed up his defense team ahead of his trial in Japan by hiring Junichiro Hironaka, a star lawyer ... Economy
Ghosn says lawyer change ‘start of process of establishing innocence’Detained former Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn said on Wednesday that shaking up his legal team was the beginning of the process of “establishing my ... Economy