Servers for Darkside were taken down by unknown actors on Friday, a week after the cyber extortionist forced the shutdown of a large US oil pipeline in a ransomware scam, a US cyber security firm said.
Recorded Future, the security firm, said in a post that the allegedly Russia-based Darkside operator “Darksupp” had admitted in a web post that it lost access to certain servers used for its web blog and for payments.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
Accessed via TOR on the dark web, the Darkside onionsite address showed a notice saying it could not be found.
- Irish health system takes precautionary steps after ransomware attack
- Colonial Pipeline paid alleged DarkSide hackers $5 mln in ransom: Bloomberg News
- Fuel shortages in US worsen on sixth day of Colonial Pipeline outage
- Largest US fuel pipeline resumes operations after cyberattack forced it to shut down
- US gasoline supplies tighten as energy pipeline outage enters fifth day