Saudi Arabia confirmed 429 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours bringing the total to 4,262. An additional seven deaths were recorded bringing the death toll to 59 as of Sunday, according to the health ministry.
Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.
Most cases currently receiving medical care are in stable condition, the health ministry spokesman said.
The Kingdom has administered over 3,540 test per million people, he added. The spokesman also said Saudi Arabia guarantees tests will be available as long as they are needed. The country is expanding its capacity for testing, the spokesman added.
In addition to testing, the Kingdom has implemented several measures to try and slow the spread of the virus. On Saturday, a Kingdom-wide curfew was extended until further notice, state-run Saudi Press Agency reported.
Last Monday, Saudi Arabia imposed a 24-hour curfew and lockdown on the cities of Riyadh, Tabuk, Dammam, Dhahran and Hofuf and throughout the governorates of Jeddah, Taif, Qatif, and Khobar.
Last month, malls were shut down throughout the country with only grocery stores and pharmacies allowed to operate. Restaurants and cafes were banned from serving food or drinks on their premises and could only offer delivery services. Public and private gatherings were also banned in places such as parks and beaches.
Prayers at mosques have also been suspended until further notice to prevent the spread of the deadly virus.