Kuwait recorded 164 new coronavirus cases and one new virus-related death, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 1,915 and the total fatalities to seven, the Ministry of Health announced on Sunday.
For more coronavirus news, visit our dedicated page.
The new death is of a 60-year-old Indian resident, the ministry said.
Out of the 164 new cases, 158 are of people who had direct contact with previously infected individuals.
The Minister of Health Basel al-Sabah announced earlier on Sunday that the total number of recoveries in Kuwait rose to 305.
The deadly virus, also known as corona and COVID-19, spreads primarily through droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose.
Five cases have been transferred to the intensive care unit so far, the ministry said.
Kuwait has imposed several strict precautionary measures including a curfew from 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. as well as suspending schools and universities to August. All international flights to and from the country have been halted.
Coronavirus: Kuwaiti Emir calls on public adhere to preventative measuresKuwait’s Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah urged the public to adhere to the ... Coronavirus
Gulf Arab monarchies approve Kuwait’s food safety network proposal: KUNAThe Gulf Cooperation Council's (GCC) six Arab monarchies have approved Kuwait's ... Gulf
Kuwait plans to repatriate 40,000 citizens on 188 flights amid coronavirus: ReportKuwait plans to repatriate 40,000 of its citizens on 188 flights between April ... Coronavirus